Tuesday 14 July 2009

Total 2-FER

When Banana Republic opened its first store in London on Regents Street last year, I was ECSTATIC. I can't recount how many times Lady and I would ditch classes and forget about debt as we would venture to shops in Portsmouth NH and outlets in Kittery ME to buy things we couldn't afford on the store credit cards we could easily get. Other adventures included a mid-day trip to Mike's Pastries in Boston as we rocked out to Jefferson Starship. But really, what day can't be made better with a slice of cheesecake!

As I began to learn more and more about communications, books like "e" and shows like Mad Men were great outlets to immerse myself in. Second to cheesecake, who can say they don't like DVD box sets! With Mad Men's third season premiering on August 16th, marketers are lining up to associate themselves with the franchise. Ad Age reported Banana Republic and AMC announced a partnership last week that will feature an in-store "Mad Men" promotion, running July 21 through Aug. 11. Using "Mad Men" imagery and characters to symbolize Banana Republic's modern take on dressing for the 1960s workplace.

My mild mannered attire back in college was made up of sports coats and chinos! (Some days it just felt good to dress up..what..don't Judge!)

And if you thought it couldn't get any better......there will be a contest for customers to win a walk-on role in a "Mad Men" episode and a $1,000 Banana Republic gift card!

I can't wait to add onto my student loans with a few BR bills!

No comments:

Post a Comment