Monday 13 July 2009

Some Midsummer Fun With a Cherry On Top

Sometimes life throws curve balls at you...and so what, sometimes you catch them!

On Friday I was invited to the Midsummer Awards down at the Hurlingham Club in Fulham, London. Being quite a newbie myself this was so rare and I have Pitch Pantha to thank for the invite!

The night went very well, expensive drinks lead to delicious ham (unfortunately drizzled in my kryptonite) before a lovely roast of Lamb found its way to my table! It was Midsummer Yummery topped with some fizzy bubbly.

My first award ceremony reminded me of what happens on the Oscars just with out all the rock star performances and red carpet. Fallon was the toast of the night after we all got up to accept Agency of the Year, for producing great work, just check out some of it here! In celebration I decided to be the first on the dance floor with Pitch Pantha! Oh yeah we tore it UP!

***

Now Monday clearly had a hard act to follow, but sure enough at 9:35pm, I was watching Friends, the one with the two surprise parties for Rachel, and suddenly an advert I got to sit in research groups for, when I was at Saatchi & Saatchi, came on. I can recall watching it over and over at my desk making sure the tiniest detail was correct and sitting behind the one way mirror listening to groups debate and share feelings about how the spot made them feel.

But today, after a great first award ceremony, Monday's Ariel Excel Gel ATM advert really was the cherry on top! It felt nice to know I had a part to play, however small. :)

When it is on you tube I will post it for sure, but in the mean time here is a preview of the prior spot about Ariel Excel Gel.

No comments:

Post a Comment