Thursday 9 July 2009

Coke & X-Men...Life Is Good

As a young planner who has not yet been captured by an agency, mainly due to the economy and my dang visa head ache thanks to the Home Office, it is really exciting thinking of that day when I can post about my first day with a real salary! Until then I can drift off up into the clouds thinking of what it might be like to work at difference agencies.

Wieden + Kennedy is an agency I have always respected regarding the work they produce and the fact that their offices in East London can easily be mistaken as a tourist shop. Often the receptionist waves a flag informing those camera happy travelers that it is in fact a creative agency not a nick nack shop.

Funny enough, if you take away the business aspects of this industry and dive deep into the underlying theme of why people love working in advertising is because we all love nick nacks, and more often than not, great ideas come from the tiniest of things...

Two reasons I love W+K are below. First, the Coke ad, aired in 2008 titled "It's Mine," (I loved waking up early on November 27th to stand in the cold waiting for balloons in Times Square) Second, the link to the W+K NY blog about how a very intense brainstorming session turns into a discussion about Forge, an X-Men character and their world. Life must be good over there!

No comments:

Post a Comment