Wednesday 17 June 2009

We Open on Wednesday evening in Hampstead

Welcome to the AD STORM!


This blog will be a collection of 'Things You Don't Learn In School' for all those interested in stepping into Adland. I too am weathering the storm that strikes at random, devastates many, and alters courses. However, in every storm there is that moment when you realize, 'I can either sit and wait for it to pass or I can make the most out of this!'

Growing up I had no idea of what I wanted to do. On some level I felt too much like a child to fit into a professional suit. Before my jump over the puddle, becoming exposed to the world of communications began in 2006. Along the way, my creative side began to take form turning my inner child (thinking he was going to be an X-man when he grew up) into someone who felt confident turning his ideas into actual stories which people could interact with.

I'm 24, I moved to London in the summer of 2007 to complete my Masters in Business. After working a few jobs here and there, on November 4th 2008 I fell in love.

A planner was speaking about his agency's approach to advertising, as a land of ideas and the people he saw everyday were called storytellers. Hearing that, I couldn't think of wanting to pursue any other career.

My goal is to hopefully help those like me, who right now, are waiting for those like Robert Senior to knock on my door and ask for help on that 'typical troublesome account,' in return for an agency job. I don't have any trade secrets or a definitive 'in' to the industry, but I have become what my best friend calls a 'Professional Intern.'

For a taste of what is to come, I have some stories to share about graduate applications, assessment days, work experience, networking and a few odds and ends.

I sincerely hope you enjoy reading this blog, as it could end up to be a time line depicting the next mover and shaker of Adland!

1 comment:

  1. well well well.... let me just say all i can see when i read this is the first chapter in the NY best seller book that you are going to have published as the CEO and co-founder of L&L (Loper & Loper) the new and renowned ad agnecy that launched in 2019...

    i cant wait.

    ReplyDelete