Sunday 21 June 2009

It’s ADventure Lad!


Far from being mild mannered and wearing skin tight spandex, I too encounter everyday mircales and a few of life's villians. Personally the last two years of my life, I truly believe, have set a foundation for the person I am growing into. Life in general seems to be a mixture of tiny personal victories and disruptive failures. It is in that disruption however, that I have found some clarity and only through embracing those failures have I been able to really live.


Laurence Green, a partner at Fallon London, spoke about how communications and great strategies are built around the mantra of creating a 'bigger here and a longer now.' 6 months ago, I would not have had the same appreciation for that statement as I do now. Currently I am on a metaphorical roller coaster, much like everyone else, gripping the handle bars and praying not to get thrown from the carriage. I have recently come to decision to make a move back to New York City. This move and the work I have done researching about consumer trends shifting to realign themselves with the economy, have further defined my perception of Value. Of the many things I hold to be of value, these are at the top of my list:


  1. My ability to seek out the small of things in daily life; such as a free coffee or finding a £5er under a bench
  2. My family of friends and relatives I have never been more proud of my younger sister and her triumphs through extremely tough times, she is now interning at JWT New York and my very best friend who has managed to put up with me and helped re-align me when I sometimes loose sight of what matters. She is a true Lady.
  3. My faith in people to see beyond their respective “To Do” lists and routines, to allow for complete strangers to enjoy an iconic moment in their lives, hence the following you tube video
What is your take on Value?

1 comment: